Deputies say two parents are to blame for their 11-month-old child overdosing on cocaine and an opiate.
Deputies say it happened at a home in East Bay Township last month.
Tests revealed the child had cocaine and an opiate in her system.
Devin and Brianna Devereaux told investigators they saw their child chewing on a pill, but by the time they tried to stop her she had already swallowed it.
They called 911 and the child was taken to DeVos Children’s Hospital in Grand Rapids.
She’s since been released and is OK.
Police arrested her parents at a home in Gladwin Sunday.
Both are now charged with third-degree child abuse.
Child Protective Services have placed the baby along with another young child at a home with other family members.