DHD#10 Adds Testing Site In Cadillac
District Health Department #10 announced Monday that they have added a fourth location to their list of COVID-19 testing clinics available in their jurisdiction.
Michiganders can now be tested by DHD#10 at a covid testing site in Cadillac.
“As more people are seeking COVID-19 testing, we recognized the need for more access to testing within our communities,” stated Kevin Hughes, DHD#10 Health Officer. “Our goal is to try and add additional testing clinics in other counties within our jurisdiction that may not have adequate access to testing elsewhere.”
Additionally, Hughes notes that some of the challenges that have been realized from the clinics so far are the amount of participants needing testing, resulting in traffic build up because of people lining up early for testing.
Some of the COVID-19 testing clinics are near other businesses that service individuals not seeking testing, or the clinic locations offer other services that Michiganders need access to, but are having a difficult time getting to because of long lines for COVID testing.
DHD#10 says for that reason, they are asking individuals seeking COVID-19 testing to wait to line up until the clinic start times, and to be respectful of others trying to enter locations for other services.
Furthermore, DHD#10 says that testing is performed by Honu Management Group, which is a company contracted by the MDHHS to provide testing at clinics throughout Michigan.
According to Hughes, “some locations for these testing clinics, such as in Kalkaska and Fremont, are being provided by our partners as a courtesy at no cost and so we ask that individuals respect their property and not direct any concerns or negative comments towards them. Again, their only involvement with this testing is that they have provided space to make it happen.”
DHD#10 states that it is necessary for Michiganders to register with Honu before receiving COVID-19 testing.
You can pre-register before arriving to any testing clinic at any of the links below:
- WEXFORD COUNTY – in conjunction with Northern Lakes Community Mental Health
Location: 521 Cobb Street, Cadillac, MI 49601 (DHD#10/NLCMS parking lot)
Days & Times: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays – 10:00am-4:30pm
Honu Pre-Registration Link: https://honumg.info/Wexford
- KALKASKA COUNTY – in conjunction with Kalkaska Memorial Health Center
Location: 515 S. Birch Street, Kalkaska, MI 49646 (across from County Courthouse)
Days & Times: Sundays – 9:00am-12:00pm, Tuesdays & Thursdays – 11:00am-5:00pm
Honu Pre-Registration Link: https://honumg.info/KalkaskaMH
- NEWAYGO COUNTY – in conjunction with NC RESA
Location: 4747 W. 48th Street, Fremont, MI 49412 (NC RESA parking lot)
Days & Times: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays – 1:00-6:00pm
Honu Pre-Registration Link: https://honumg.info/NCRESA
- MECOSTA COUNTY
Location: 14485 Northland Drive, Big Rapids, MI 49307 (DHD#10 parking lot)
Days & Times: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays – 10:00am-5:00pm
Honu Pre-Registration Link: https://honumg.info/BigRapids
Additionally, important information regarding the clinics can be found below:
- All COVID-19 testing clinics are first come, first served
- Pre-registering does not give you a specific testing time
- Individuals are not to line up early before clinic times
- Individuals are to stay in their cars, and someone will come to you for paperwork and testing
- All clinic hours end at the time stated or when capacity is reached (capacity is reached when the number of cars in line meets the clinic’s ability to perform testing during clinic hours)
- Coronavirus testing is free; no I.D. or insurance is required but is accepted
- Clinics offer rapid antigen (results typically available within 30-60 minutes) and PCR testing (results typically available within 72 hours).
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you will receive a text from DHD#10 asking to complete a survey so case investigation and contract tracing can begin
- For questions on test results, call Honu at 866-809-8282
- For other COVID-19 questions or concerns, call DHD#10 at 231-305-8675 or email them here.