District Health Department #10 Is Offering Flu Clinics
District Health Department #10 says they are helping communities prepare for the upcoming flu season by offering flu clinics.
They say flu season is unpredictable, and say it is more important than ever to protect Michiganders against the flu by getting an annual flu shot, especially with COVID-19 still spreading.
DHD#10 will be offering the COVID-19 vaccine along with the flu vaccine, and will be hosting flu and COVID-19 vaccine clinics at the following locations:
- Newaygo Goodwill
- 48143 Mason Drive, Newaygo, MI 49337. October 8, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Grant Township Hall
- 1617 E. 120th Street, Grant, MI 49327. October 14, 2021 from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- American Legion Post #381
- 6812 S. Croton Hardy Drive, Newaygo, MI 49337. October 19, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Norwich Township Hall
- 4551 E. Moorestown Rd, Lake City, MI 49651. October 6, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Clam Union Township Hall
- 766 E. Proper Rd, Falmouth, MI 49632. October 6, 2021 from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
DHD#10 states that the cost for the seasonal flu vaccine without insurance is $37. They say high dose and preservative-free flu shots are also available for $46. The COVID-19 vaccine is free.
Attendees must bring their insurance cards and their driver’s licenses. Many health insurances cover the cost of flu vaccines, but if not, DHD#10 says they may be able to help through Vaccines For Children or other programs.
DHD#10 can bill the following insurance for vaccines: Medicare (only for flu, Pneumococcal, or PCV13 shots), Medicare Health Plans (only for flu, Pneumococcal or PCV13 shots), Medicaid, Medicaid Health Plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Blue Care Network (excludes Mercy Partnered Plans), Priority Health, McLaren Commercial, ASR, United Health Care, and TRICARE.
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled clinics, you can schedule your flu vaccine and COVID-19 vaccine at DHD#10 by calling 888-217-3904.
For more information about the flu, click here.