Michelle Bakes: Pistachio White Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Red & green are the most popular colors associated with the holiday. So, why not try to add these festive tints into our baking? Michelle Dunaway shows us how to turn the traditional chocolate chip cookie into a very merry and magical treat.
Pistachio White Chocolate Cherry Cookies from The Sweet & Sour Baker
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pistachio extract
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pistachio, ground
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and pistachio extract and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ground pistachios. Mix until well combined.
- On low-speed mix in the chopped dried cherries and white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325F
- using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten the dough slightly using your fingertips and bake for 13 min.
- Cool on a wire rack.