Most diet plans were created by men for men, but women’s bodies don’t work the same way. Popular programs can actually make it harder for women to lose weight, because they can wreak havoc on a woman’s complex and delicate hormonal system. New York Times best-selling author Dr. Sara Gottfried has spent her career demystifying hormones and helping women improve their hormone health. In Women, Food, and Hormones, Dr. Gottfried presents a groundbreaking new plan that helps women balance their hormones so they can lose excess weight and feel better.
Women, Food, and Hormones Highlights:
- Exposes the keto paradox and identifies the reasons why so many women fail to lose weight on the classic ketogenic diet
- Shows you how to improve metabolic flexibility and flip your metabolic switch to transform your body
- Connects the dots between nutrition and hormones and teaches you the science behind hormone balancing by changing what, how, and when you eat.
- Focuses on hormones that are rarely addressed in women’s health and fitness, namely growth hormone and testosterone
- Science-based protocols that help you get your metabolic hormones back on track and lose weight regardless of whether you are an omnivore, pescatarian, vegetarian or vegan
- Featuring 50 delicious and filling recipes, this book shares a fat-burning solution that gets results.
SARA GOTTFRIED, MD, is a hormone expert, a Harvard-educated physician-scientist, and a clinical assistant professor in the department of integrative medicine and nutritional sciences at Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University. She is the New York Times best-selling author of three previous books, including The Hormone Cure. She lives in Moraga, California.