Last Updated: March 13, 2023
- “California Consumer Privacy Act ('CCPA')” means the California statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States.
- “General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR')” means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “User(s)” means all individuals that visit and access the Website.
- “You / Your / You're” means User(s)
Types of Personal Information We Collect.
910 Media Group collects the following Personal Information from all Users who contact 910 Media Group:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Shipping address;
- Demographic information;
- Any other information that you upload or submit to the Website directly or indirectly.
In addition, 910 Media Group collects the following Personal Information from all Users:
- Your geolocation;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your device information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of the Website, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
- Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
Sources of Personal Information Collection.
Cookies & Similar Technologies.
The table below sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
|Type of Cookie||Description||Managing Settings|
|Required Cookies (Strictly Necessary)||
Required - or strictly necessary - cookies enable you to navigate the Website and use its features.
Because required cookies are essential to operate the Website there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
|Functional Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||
Functional - or non-strictly necessary cookies - allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you make, and provide enhanced, more personal features.
We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how our Website is used, including the number of visitors, where the website visitors have come from, and the pages they visit. This information is used by us to improve our Website.
To manage the use of functional cookies on the Website, please consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Website.
To learn more about safeguarding your data for websites using Google Analytics, visit here. To opt of our data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
To learn more about how Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Website visit here.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
For other browsers not listed, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
|Targeting or Advertising Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||
We use Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on or getting to the Website. Google Analytics specifically allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Information for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing news reporting, weather forecasting, and other services and products through the Website.
How 910 Media Group Uses Your Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information based upon the legal basis of Users' consent to provide you with the Website, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Website, and update you regarding changes to the Website and the 910 Media Group and third-party services offered through the Website.
By using the Website, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Information:
- Enable your use of the Website and its associated services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within the Website;
- Customize and/or tailor the Website and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third-party advertisements within the Website;
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising;
- Advertise products and services of 910 Media Group;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within the Website;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable;
- Provide you with technical service and support, including updates;
- Provide you with information concerning 910 Media Group's benefits or services;
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user generated content;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate promotions or other offers;
- Process payments;
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other 910 Media Group applications and/or services; and
- Facilitate your use of the Website and upgrades/replacements to the Website.
Sharing of Your Personal Information.
910 Media Group Shares Your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where 910 Media Group has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the Website, and/or associated services;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Facebook and/or Instagram;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with 910 Media Group's parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where 910 Media Group has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Information is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of 910 Media Group;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where 910 Media Group is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
910 Media Group Shares Your Personal Information With the Following Third-Parties:
“This Site is affiliated with Publisher First, Inc. dba Freestar ("Freestar") for the purposes of placing certain advertising on the Site, and Freestar will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Freestar’s data usage, click here.”
No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
The third-party service providers affiliated with 910 Media Group have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Information pursuant to the GDPR and CCPA and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if 910 Media Group deletes your Personal Information that it may still be available in a third-party service provider's database. 910 Media Group has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Information collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by 910 Media Group to provide you with the services associated with the Website.
910 Media Group may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. 910 Media Group has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Website and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
Personal Information Transfer and Storage.
Your Personal Information is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of the Website, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Information and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Information to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Information to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Information in the United States.
Website Users understand and agree that if they provide 910 Media Group with Personal Information that it is stored indefinitely, unless the User contacts 910 Media Group to have their Personal Information removed from storage. As specified above, even if 910 Media Group deletes your Personal Information from its own servers, it may still be available in a third-party service provider's database. You should consult with those third-parties in the event you would like Personal Information deleted therefrom.
EU Users' Rights Under the GDPR.
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Website. Accordingly, 910 Media Group recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfilment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
California Users' Rights.
Under the CCPA, California Users have the following rights:
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: You have the right to request that 910 Media Group disclose what Personal Information of yours it collects, uses, discloses, and sells over the past 12 months.
- Right to Have Personal Information Deleted: You have the right to request that 910 Media Group delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: 910 Media Group does not sell Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: 910 Media Group shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may submit a request to 910 Media Group by contacting 910 Media Group at email@example.com.
Under California's “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that 910 Media Group has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting 910 Media Group at the address below.
Purchase or Sale of the Website or Other Assets.
How to Stop 910 Media Group from collecting your Personal Information.
You can stop 910 Media Group from collecting your Personal Information by contacting 910 Media Group at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that 910 Media Group stop collecting your Personal Information. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Website. You may contact 910 Media Group with any requests regarding your Personal Information.
When using the Website, you are obligated to inform 910 Media Group of any changes to your Personal Information.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Policy.
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18 and 910 Media Group does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. If you are concerned that Personal Information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by 910 Media Group, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from 910 Media Group's database.
Contact and Notices.
P.O. Box 627
Cadillac, MI 49601