The Heritage Broadcasting family focuses on delivering relevant content, fostering a connection between our communities in which we live and serve both inside and outside the borders of Northern Michigan.
We accomplish this through our guided principles that lead us to be pioneering, comprehensive and a passionate community organization
A CBS affiliate, WWTV/WWUP-TV 9&10 News brings you 9 hours of local news every weekday plus 1.5 hours over the weekend.
We broadcast 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our digital signals, WWTV-DT / WWUP-DT, can be viewed on digital broadcast channels 9.1, 10.1, and 40.1.
The Michigan Association of Broadcasters (MAB) has released the results of their 2018 Broadcast Awards. WWTV-WWUP/TV 9&10 News received Station of the Year in addition to 12 other awards.
The following is the full list of awards 9&10 News received from the MAB:
– Station of the Year
– Best Community Involvement
– Best Feature/Use of Medium-Twins to Tragedy
– Best News Special
– Best Photojournalist-Corey Adkins
– Best Special Interest Programming- 2018 Northern Michigan in Focus Year in Review
– Best Use of New Media
– Merit Commercial
– Merit Investigative Story- Marion Double Dipping
– Merit News Reporter- Lauren Scafidi
– Merit News Special- 9&10 Opioid Forum
– Merit Photojournalist- Catherine Brettschneider
– Merit Special Interest Programming- Crossing Superior
”Team work and making the ultimate commitment to being ‘for’ Northern Michigan is how we get the best results as a station. I could not be more proud to have this team as a representation of 9&10 News and to have MAB recognize us for such an honor.” says Kevin Dunaway, Vice President/General Manager of 9&10 News.
”There is no secret formula for results like this… but what we have here is a combination of talented staff and incredible viewers of Northern Michigan providing real stories, causes, and heart… It’s an undeniable and powerful pairing.” says Sean Mahon, News Director of 9&10 News