The Heritage Broadcasting family focuses on delivering relevant content, fostering a connection between our communities in which we live and serve both inside and outside the borders of Northern Michigan.
We accomplish this through our guided principles that lead us to be pioneering, comprehensive and a passionate community organization
A CBS affiliate, WWTV/WWUP-TV 9&10 News brings you 9 hours of local news every weekday plus 2 hours over the weekend.
We broadcast 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our digital signals, WWTV-DT / WWUP-DT, can be viewed on digital broadcast channels 9.1, 10.1, and 40.1.
The Michigan Association of Broadcasters (MAB) has released the results of their 2020 Broadcast Awards.
The following is the full list of awards 9&10 News received from the MAB for Commercial Television Market 3:
- Best photojournalist: Derrick Larr
- Best Weathercast: Tom O’Hare
- Best Commercial: “Human Trafficking”
- Best Feature/Use of Medium: “Night to Shine”
- Best Mini-Documentary or Series: “Changing the Ending”
- Best News Special: “Paddling the Chain of Lakes”
- Best Special Interest Programming: “Paddling the Chain of Lakes”
- Best Breaking News Story: “Ferry Crew Saves Girl”
- Merit News Anchor: Courtney Doyle
- Merit Photojournalist: Catherine Emery
- Merit Commercial: “Natural Northern Foods Fresh Flavored Fun”
- Merit Feature/Use of Medium: “50 Years in Mackinac”
- Merit Mini-Documentary or Series: “Pinky’s Classic”
- Merit Marketing Materials & Promos: “Prepare not Panic-Marketing Materials and Promos”
- Merit Use of New Media (single project): “A Great Lakes Disaster in Slow Motion”
- Merit Continuing Coverage: “Northern Michigan COVID-19 Coverage”
- Merit Best Locally Originated Newscast: Oct. 8, 2020