MISportsNow is taking a look back at some of the top moments from 2021. Our 9&10 sports team voted on the 10 best as we count down all the way to No. 1.
The segment continues with No. 5 and No. 6:
6. Rudyard Softball, T.C. St. Francis Baseball Make State Championship:
- Rudyard softball made its , going up against state power Unionville-Sebewaing in Div. 4. The Bulldogs lost, 14-1, but it didn’t take away from the historic run made by their team that included , with a walkoff home run by Morgan Bickel to send them to the championship game.
- Traverse City St. Francis made its . The Gladiators fell to Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett by 12. It was an impressive run. “We’re really not supposed to be here but nobody told our kids, so we’re just gonna keep playing until somebody tells us to go home,” head coach Tom Passinault said .
5. P.J. Maybank III Wins State Title and Named Mr. Golf for Michigan:
- Cheboygan’s P.J. Maybank III had quite the year in boys golf, showcased by the he won on the golf course. The won the Lower Peninsula Div. 3 boys golf state title and did it in record-breaking fashion. His score of 9-under set the lowest score for a state tournament round in Div. 3 history, . That also led to him being named the by the Michigan Interscholastic Golf Coaches Association.
With an exciting year of local sports coming to a close, MISportsNow is taking a look back at some of the top moments from 2021. Our 9&10 sports team voted on the 10 best moments and we will highlight two each day, counting all the way down to number one.
© 2023 - 910 Media Group