Here is the latest Michigan news from The Associated Press at 9:40 p.m. EDT

DETROIT (AP) — Protests in Detroit over the death of George Floyd moved to one of its most iconic landmarks: the bridge connecting the city to Belle Isle in the Detroit River. The slow, mostly silent march across the MacArthur Bridge on Friday followed seven nights of protests in Detroit that led to a city-imposed curfew and dozens of arrests. A second, more vocal group of protesters chanted as they marched Friday afternoon and early evening through downtown Detroit. Police officers joined marchers as they crossed the 2,200-foot-long bridge. Deputy Chief Todd Bettison, who knelt with protesters earlier this week, says the city still has hope.

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer says hair salons and other personal-care businesses can reopen across the state on June 15 after being shut down earlier this year to curb the spread of the coronavirus. Meanwhile, those businesses and places such as gyms can restart in northern Michigan next week. The governor on Friday further advanced the Upper Peninsula and Traverse City under her restart plan, effective Wednesday. In northern counties, indoor gatherings of 50 people will be permissible. Outdoor gatherings of 250 will be allowed. The state also for the first time publicly reported probable COVID-19 cases and deaths, not just those confirmed with a test

DETROIT (AP) — The Michigan Supreme Court has overturned orders that directed a barber to close his shop during the coronavirus pandemic. Justice David Viviano says judges need to follow the “rule of law, not hysteria.” The Supreme Court said the appeals court made mistakes in telling a local judge to shut down Karl Manke’s shop in Owosso. On May 4, Manke stopped complying with Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s order to keep barbershops and salons closed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. In response, the state suspended his licenses. It also got a preliminary injunction from the appeals court.

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan says it has halted payments to 340,000 unemployment benefit accounts over concerns about fraudulent impostor claims, though many are legitimate claimants who deserve the money. Jeff Donofrio, director of the Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity, said Friday that people’s “economic lifeline is now tied up due to this criminal scheme.” Michigan has seen a staggering 2.2 million new jobless claims since the coronavirus pandemic began in March and businesses were closed to curb the spread of the virus. About 1.7 million people have been paid. Donofrio says people with flagged accounts were sent instructions to verify their identity.