Here is the latest Michigan news from The Associated Press at 11:40 a.m. EDT

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — An event being organized by three southeastern Michigan colleges aims to help high school students develop problem-solving and leadership skills. Students between 14 and 18 are invited to participate in Bold Futures on Tuesday at Washtenaw Community College. The institution has teamed up with Eastern Michigan University and the University of Michigan to hold the free, daylong event.

BAD AXE, Mich. (AP) — A runway at Michigan’s Huron County Memorial Airport is in line for a roughly $1 million repaving project next year. The Huron Daily Tribune reports the work involves a roughly 5,000-foot runway at the Bad Axe-area airport, which is located about 100 miles north of Detroit. The newspaper says 95% of the funding will come from state and federal sources, such as the Federal Aviation Administration, and Huron County will put up the remaining 5%.

CHICAGO (AP) — Doctors and public health experts warn of poor health and rising costs they say will come from sweeping changes that would deny green cards to many immigrants who use Medicaid, food stamps or other public assistance. President Donald Trump’s administration trumpeted its aggressive approach as a way to keep only self-sufficient immigrants in the country. Some advocates say they’re already seeing the fallout even before the complex 837-page rule takes effect in October.

ROYAL OAK, Mich. (AP) — Michigan’s attorney general has ordered an investigation of police in suburban Detroit who questioned a black man when a woman claimed he was staring at her. Dana Nessel said Friday that her civil rights division will review the conduct of Royal Oak police following the Tuesday incident. The police department has apologized, saying the encounter with 20-year-old Devin Myers should have been “very short” and the officer “had no legal right” to demand his identification.