Matt and Dawn McCormick are the owners of McCormick Farmz, a budding lavender farm in Wolverine, Michigan.
They offer yummy lavender goodies, bath and body products, essential oil and dried lavender. Venturing into their third growing season, McCormick Farmz has 2,000 plants in the ground and is planning for an additional 2,000 plants in 2023. They will host their first Phenomenally Fun 2023 Lavender Harvest Celebration on July 15, 2023.
Try these recipes from the show:
Lavender Bee’s Knees
Makes 2: **Cheat & Variety: McCormick Farmz Lavender Simple Syrups, McCormick Farmz Lavender Honey
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flower
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons gin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix hot water and dried lavender blossoms in bowl. Let steep 5 minutes. Whisk in 1/4 cup honey. Strain into another bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the honey syrup, gin, and lemon juice: strain into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into 2 chilled Martini glasses.
Lavender French 75, an elegant champagne cocktail
It’s a cocktail made with liquor – usually gin – sometimes cognac, sometimes vodka. It also has effervescent champagne (or prosecco), lemon juice, and a bit of sugar or simple syrup.
- It’s bright, refreshing, and light. It has a subtle floral flavor. It’s balanced and just different enough from your usual glass of wine to feel extra special.
- ¾ oz vodka or gin
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz McCormick Farmz Lavender Simple Syrup **Variety: Lavender Pear, Lavender Orange Lemon (LOL)
- ~4 oz Champagne or prosecco
- In a Champagne flute, add chilled vodka, lemon juice, and lavender simple syrup. Top with Champagne or prosecco and garnish with lemon peel as desired.