Fall Color Change 2022 – Update: 10/25/2022
It didn’t take long Northern Michigan, Peak Color has passed and leaves are falling.
Higher elevations are dropping leaves left and right and not much will be left by November 1st.
LET’S SEE YOUR PICTURES! Please submit your 2022 fall color photos here.
Looks like the recent warmth and sunshine delivered a great weekend for color but it really dried things out.
Those trees last to change reached Past Peak fast! I’m optimistic there is some decent color around the Tunnel of Trees and most areas right near Lake Michigan over the Lower Peninsula. If you want to see some color, you better go soon.
I hope you enjoyed this year’s color as it was the best in a very long time!
Don’t forget your pics: Submit your 2022 fall color photos here.
If you need help figuring out a drive, here’s a list of color tours put together by the County Road Association of Michigan:
(Print this out for next year’s plans!)
- Deadman Hill overlook off US-131 viewing Jordan River Valley
- Jordan River Road off US-131
- Pinney Bridge Road off M-66
- Cascade Road off Alba Highway (CR 620)
- North and South Caribou Lake Roads in the DeTour Village area
- Gogomain Road from Goetzville to Pickford
- Lakeshore Drive from Brimley to M-123
- Salt Point Road from M-28 to Lakeshore Drive
- CR101 looking north from CR100 (“Pioneer Hill”)
- Mitchell Road from Fletcher Road to Cheboygan County line
- Pleasantview Road from M-119 to Robinson Road
- Robinson Road from State Road to Pleasantview Road
- State Road from Harbor Springs to Cross Village
- Stutsmanville Road from Pleasantview to W. Townline, then W. Townline Road north
- Brutus Road from Pleasantville Road to US-31
- Tunnel of Trees – M-119
- Williams Road from US-131 to Resort Pike Road
- Resort Pike Road from Williams Road to Indian Garden Road
- North Eagle Highway
- Newman Road
- Port Oneida Road
- Gills Pier Road
- Schomberg Road
- Lakeshore Drive from Oceana Drive to Iris Road
- Hawley from Pere Marquette Highway to Walhalla Road
- South Masten Road to Washington Road and the Ruby Creek area
- North Lakeshore Drive along Hamlin Lake
- Custer Road from Hogue Road to US-10
- Pleasant Valley Road
- Farrier Road
- Carter Road
- Meridian Line Road
Presque Isle County
- Long Lake Highway from M-65 into Alpena County
- E-634 Highway from Polaski Road west to Lake May Road
- W-638 Highway Ocqueoc Road from Walker Highway to North Allis Highway from Ocqueoc Road west to M-211.
- Fall Color Scenic Routes, all starting from downtown Cadillac
- Route 1: Around the Lakes (20 miles)
- Route 2: Northwest to Mesick (63 miles)
- Route 3: Southwest to Hoxeyville/Luther/Briston (64 miles)
- Route 4: Northeast to Lake City/Manton (32 miles)
In the U.P.: (Compiled from UPtravel.com)
- Take US-2 West towards Rapid River
- Munising to Seney to Grand Marais back to Munising
- Newberry to Whitefish Pt.
- Newberry to Deer Park to Grand Marais to Seney back to Newberry
- Brimley to Eckerman to Paradise back toward Whitefish Road then to Bay Mills along the lake.
- Ignace to Sault Ste. Marie to Pickford to Stalwart to Detour Village to Cedarville back to St. Ignace