9&10 News – Morning Show Feature Reporter
Morning Show Feature Reporter
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the Northern Michigan’s News Leader! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, MyNorth Media, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: 9&10 News is looking a driven Morning Show Feature Reporter who is passionate about local news, journalism and reporting news that matters to our local communities. This Reporter will be working with a Photojournalist to help bring the best story possible to our Michigan This Morning viewers. Northern Michigan has so many great communities and inspirational stories, this person’s role will be to bring it to life on-air and online. Every morning, this reporter will be doing live reports throughout Michigan This Morning showcasing those great stories. This person must be self-motivated, personable and committed to bringing viewers the news. Reporting is one of the most fulfilling jobs there are, we are looking for someone who brings that engaging and energetic attitude towards storytelling.
- 100% Company Paid Employee Medical and Dental Insurance
- Dependent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonus
- Clothing & Grooming Allowances
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Writing stories & coming up with new creative content
- Able to handle authentic and engaging live hits
- Strong ability to enterprise stories that are relevant to Northern Michigan
- Outside of the box thinking
- Writing web articles & posting video online
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere software
- Interacting with viewers and users on social media sites
- Be able to multi-task on various projects and stories, with numerous deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Perform other duties assigned
- A degree in journalism or a related field is preferred
- Understanding of AP & Broadcast-style writing
- Must have strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to come up with innovative and creative ideas
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Strong social media skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a positive attitude.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your resume and demo reels to Leslie Nowlin, HR Director at email@example.com
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.