9&10News – Senior Director of Content
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News (CBS), Local 32 (Fox), and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, MyNorth Media (digital agency), ION, and MI Sports Now+.
The Position: We are Northern Michigan’s News Leader and a community leader. We are seeking someone who can lead our strategic growth across all broadcast, digital and streaming platforms while working collaboratively in the newsroom. Creative problem solving, significant news background, excellent leadership skills, compatibility with a variety of working styles and top-notch organization are all key attributes of ideal candidates for this job.
This role will seek to connect our audiences with the stories they love while ensuring the best experiences.
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Strategically manage all facets of planning between internal departments including news, sales and Lake Effect, our digital agency.
- Perform financial and viewership analysis to inform discussions with content partners and make strategic decisions.
- Continuously improve operations, decrease downtime, streamline work processes and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless service.
- Facilitate verbal and written communications between teams, and to the larger organization to ensure smooth information-sharing, issue resolutions and workload transitions.
- Ensure content is on strategy and maximizes user experience.
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling
- Be a newsroom leader and a bold voice in editorial discussions
- Teach, coach, and mentor both members of the digital team and the entire newsroom in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
- Exhibit a genuine desire and passion for the business.
- Strong understanding of digital media, including all types of content as well as the content distribution landscape and the advantages of different distribution strategies and platforms.
- Proactive and action-oriented; excellent project management skills and the ability to multi-task; follow up is critical, as is attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
In addition, we hope you’ll appreciate:
- Great and inspiring company culture. Entrepreneurship mentality.
- Rest and relaxation. 3 weeks paid time off. 9 paid holidays. Unlimited sick time.
- Comprehensive benefits including a 100% employer paid, employee only option.
- Prepare for the future. 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years.
- Development opportunities. We are growing which in turn provides opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be based out of our Cadillac office. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Please send resume & cover letter to HR@9and10news.com
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.