It’s National Eat Your Veggies Day, and is helping us make our fresh food quouta!
Lemon Dill Asparagus Power Bowl
LEMON DILL ASPARAGUS DRESSING
- 1 cup cut-up fresh or frozen asparagus, blanched
- 2 teaspoons dijon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dill sauce (or dill pickle juice)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked (or quinoa, farro or couscous)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
Preheat grill to 350 degrees
MAKE LEMON DILL ASPARAGUS DRESSING
- Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
PREPARE GRILLED ASPARAGUS
- Drizzle asparagus with oil, and season with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Add mixed greens to a large salad bowl.
- Add the cabbage, edamame, black beans, rice, tomato and feta over the mixed greens.
- Top the salad with the grilled asparagus and drizzle the entire dish with the asparagus dressing and serve family style.
Connect with Gina and learn more about “” by .