9&10 News Wins 17 Awards at 2021 MAB Broadcast Excellence Awards
9&10 News was honored Thursday with 17 awards by the Michigan Association of Broadcasters at the 2021 MAB Broadcast Excellence Awards.
Northern Michigan’s News Leader is grateful to all of our viewers for their loyal support. It’s our privilege and pleasure to present accurate, reliable, and informative news, sports and weather.
The Michigan Association of Broadcasters announced category winners for Commercial Television Market 3 online this week.
Best in category awards:
- Best Photojournalist: Josh Monroe
- Best Breaking News Story: “Oxford School Shooting“
- Best Commercial: “North Peak Diabolical”
- Best Mini-Documentary or Series: “Secrets of Holy Childhood“
- Best Continuing Coverage: “August 6th Storm“
- Best Investigative Story: “Secrets of Holy Childhood“
- Best News Anchor: David Lyden
- Best Special Interest Programming: “Paddling the St. Marys River“
- Merit Commercial: “North Peak Diabolical”
- Merit Investigative Story: “Survivors in the Streets“
- Merit Mini-Documentary or Series: “Unsolved: The Series“
- Merit News Anchor: Lauren Scafidi
- Merit Reporter: Madison Schlegel
- Merit Photojournalist: Jeremy Erickson
- Merit Special Interest Programming: “One Up XP Show: Episode 7 – Surgeon Simulator 2”
- Merit Sports: “Vaulting to New Heights”
- Merit Use of New Media (All Encompassing): “9&10 News Use of New Media“