Traverse City Man Badly Burned in Fire Dies

A Traverse City man who was found badly burned after the couch he was sleeping on caught on fire last week has passed away.

The Traverse City Fire Department was called to the corner of Division and Silver Lake Roads on the morning of Feb. 24.

According to the fire department, those who reported the fire said the man was sleeping on a couch when it caught fire from a nearby campfire. The man was found sleeping in a wooded area just outside of downtown.

The man was taken to Munson Medical Center before he was airlifted to a Grand Rapids hospital where he later died.