Americans consume twice as much alcohol between Thanksgiving to New Years Day, compared to the rest of the year. In this week’s Wellness for the Family, we get some great alternatives with fun and festive mocktails.
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup oat milk
- Garnish: dusting of cocoa powder and espresso beans
- In a cup, add brown sugar. Next, allow espresso to extract over the brown sugar in the cup so that the sugar melts. Use a spoon to stir and help combine.
- Pour the oatmilk in the cup. Do not add ice before this step as it can result in a more bitter flavor, it’s best to bring the temperature of the espresso down gently.
- Add mixture to a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for a foamy top. Pour into a martini glass. Gently dust cocoa powder on top and place two espresso beans. Enjoy!
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 orange wedge
- Splash of ginger beer, preferably less sugar added
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Optional – sprinkle of edible gold dust
- Optional garnish – dehydrated orange slice.
- Fill a glass with ice. Mix cranberry juice, juice of 1 lime and orange wedge in a glass. Add sparkling water, splash of ginger beer, and an optional sprinkle of edible gold dust, then stir gently. Dress with desired garnish such as a dehydrated orange slice.
For more health and wellness tips, .