Fun and Festive Recipes! Christmas Tree Brownies
When it comes to holiday desserts they are normally over the top and require a lot of prep work. These adorable Christmas Tree Brownies from Delish are for when you don’t have a ton of time, but still want to make something cute and festive. They are easy to make and the kids can even help decorate! Use your favorite brownie recipe or keep it simple and use a boxed brownie. Make things even easier on yourself and use canned frosting for decorating too.
Yields: 18 servings Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Cooking spray
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Pinch kosher salt
- Green food coloring
- 6 candy canes
Sprinkles, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9″-x-13″ with parchment, leaving a 2″ overhang on the long sides and grease with cooking spray. Make brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in middle of pan comes out with a few moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined, then add vanilla, heavy cream, and salt. (If you desire a thinner consistency, add 1 more tablespoon cream.) Add green food coloring until desired color is reached. Transfer to a piping bag with small open star tip.
- Remove brownie from pan and cut into 3 long rows, then cut each row into 6 triangles each for a total of 18 triangles.
- Cut candy canes into 3″ long pieces and insert into the bottom of each brownie to create a trunk.
- Pipe a zigzagging line on top of the brownie and top with sprinkles for ornaments.