Thanksgiving Pet Safety with the Humane Society of the United States
Thanksgiving is almost here!
While we will all be gathered with our friends and family over a nice meal, you might be tempted to get your pet in on the food too. Before you start dishing out the table scraps– you want to make sure it’s safe!
The Humane Society of the United States‘ Melissa Smith joined Xavier Hershovitz LIVE on ‘the four’ to discuss the do’s and don’ts with your pets this Thanksgiving.
Watch the video above for more information – or, click here to see some more holiday safety tips for your pets.
Pumpkin Pie Cookies for Cats
It requires oatmeal, applesauce and pumpkin to make these cookies. Make sure to take unsweetened and plain apple sauce for this recipe.
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- ½ cup of applesauce
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 2 cups of rice flour
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- ¼ cup of flour for rolling the dough
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Blend pumpkin, applesauce, and carrots using a blender until smooth.
- Now, add oatmeal and rice flour to a bowl. Add the wet paste to the dry mixture and mix it well to make a soft dough.
- Spread the dough and roll it to keep ¼ inches thickness. Cut the cookies in the desired shape.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes on greased sheet and flipping it after half time.
You can store these in a refrigerator for a week.