9&10 News – Director of Strategy and Creative
Director of Strategy and Creative
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: This senior position will deliver strategic, creative, and brand management leadership for the family of Heritage Broadcasting companies, which includes 9&10 News and its subsidiaries (e.g. 9and10news.com, 9&10 weather app, social media platforms, etc.), plus Local 32, CW32, MeTV, Lake Effect, and Mane Content.
The resulting work will demonstrate revenue growth, new revenue products/ideas, internal and external problem solving, and creative solutions for Heritage branding content and holistic client campaigns.
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Brand Management of all Heritage Broadcasting Companies and subsidiaries
- Produce/Grow revenue strategies for broadcast and online assets, (e.g. TV advertising, online and digital advertising including 9&com, news/weather apps, social media platform content, et al.)
- Develop marketing campaigns for new and prospect agency clients with strategy-based concepts – that lead to revenue producing products and solutions for Heritage… from full campaign solutions to one-off loss leader ideas that can form longer-term relationships.
- Strategic problem solving that integrates all online media
- Display advertising
- Paid social
- Organic social
- Integrate/Collaborate Traditional media for relationship solidarity
- Translate consumer insights and market trends into the strategy behind our campaign in order to move the needle on brand awareness and product differentiation.
- Lead with integrity, establishing and maintaining a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Communicate outcomes to clients and internal stakeholders on a regular cadence and strategize with clients and internal teams on how to achieve and improve outcomes.
- This role will have management responsibility of internal and external production teams while also require individual contributions that focus on marketing strategy, creative development and execution, digital media solutions, for online and broadcast advertising content for revenue producing products/services of Heritage Broadcasting, and marketing campaigns for external agency clients.
- Education and/or Experience – Degree in related field and 15+ years’ experience.
- Experience in marketing, sales, new and traditional media planning, budget management, sales team management, creative concepts, production and development. Ad agency or client side marketing experience is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial – excited about taking a strong business with a strong suite of products, and growing the business
- Natural Story teller with high empathy for a diverse group of consumers.
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into actionable insights.
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. The position will be located in Cadillac, Michigan. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest & resume to Josh Trust, COO, email@example.com
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.