9&10 News – Broadcast Specialist
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: Heritage broadcasting is looking for a self-starter with a positive attitude. As a Broadcast Specialist, you will work with multiple departments to maintain proper break management and advertisement placement. This is an exciting and fast paced position where you will work both individually and as a team to be successful.
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Scheduling local and network programming.
- Scheduling national and regional traffic.
- Scheduling promotional traffic.
- Gather and distribute all episodic information for syndicated programming.
- Create and manage daily commercial logs.
- Allocate commercial spots and maximize revenue.
- Solicit and input commercial traffic instructions from Media Consultants.
- Perform daily checks to ensure accuracy of data input into traffic system.
- Provide sales staff with reports from traffic system as needed.
- Ensure accurate program timings on log.
- Commercial retrieval and verification.
- Assist in advertisement reallocation as needed.
- Create and maintain program grids.
- Serve as back up for reconciliation of logs.
- Education and/or Experience – Degree in related field and 15+ years’ experience.
- Experience in marketing, sales, new and traditional media planning, budget management, sales team management, creative concepts, production and development. Ad agency or client side marketing experience is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial – excited about taking a strong business with a strong suite of products, and growing the business
- Natural Story teller with high empathy for a diverse group of consumers.
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into actionable insights.
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. The position will be located in Cadillac, Michigan. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest & resume to Lorie Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.