Wellness for the Family: After School Snacks
Many children are still getting back into their school routines, so why not start them out healthy? Blue Cross Blue Shield dietitian, Shanthi Appelo shares some healthy snack swaps for both kids and adults.
For more wellness tips, tricks, and recipes from Shanthi, click here.
Chocolate Baked Oats – Serves 2
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- Spray oil
- Optional – 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray rammekins or baking dish with spray oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into rammekin or baking dish and top with chocolate chips if using. Bake for ~20 minutes or until a skewer comes ou clean from the middle. Enjoy