Xavier Cooks: Baked Pesto Chicken
Getting back into the groove of school– and fall activities– can make weeknight meals a little difficult.
Xavier’s got a simple baked pesto chicken recipe– and the best part? It’s just one dish– making clean up a breeze!
Xavier’s Baked Pesto Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Italian seasonings to taste
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Place chicken breast in a baking dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread pesto on each chicken breast.
- Layer tomatoes on top of the chicken.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.