Xavier Cooks: Honey Garlic Chicken
Done in just about 15 minutes, it is so so good that I didn’t even share it with my ‘four’ friends when I made it in the Heritage House kitchen. This would go perfect with rice.
Xavier’s Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (about 1/2 inch)
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, adjust for heat)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. (Go easy because the soy sauce has plenty of sodium.)
- Add the chicken to the skillet and brown on one side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes, if using, in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan and toss to coat the chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and top with green onions, sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.