Diet and exercise play a large role in mental and emotional health. Healthy eating habits and certain foods have the power to relieve stress.
Avocado, blueberries, milk, nuts/seeds, oatmeal and dark, leafy greens have all been shown to lower stress levels.
dietitian Shanthi Appelö has shared a number of recipes that include all those ingredients that can be found on
Why is changing the stigma around mental health important?
- Depending on the context, how we reference terminology for mental health or behavioral health may vary.
- Behavioral health is more of an umbrella term and descriptor of mental health for serious mental illness, such as:
- Severe major depression
- Bipolar illness
- Severe personality disorder
- Differentiating it from substance use disorder, which is another behavioral health condition but a different category. Substance use disorder is the inappropriate use of substances for other than medicinal purposes.
- Trying to label someone is a stigma, however trying to characterize and be able to affect some positive outcome – that’s a different use of the term.
For more information visit