9&10 News – Assistant Digital Project Manager
Assistant Digital Project Manager
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, ION, and Mane Content.
The Division: A digital marketing division that works on Web Design and Development, content production, social media management, UX/UI project, and digital campaigns.
The Position: We’re looking for a well-rounded Assistant Digital Project Manager with a history of working in the digital agency space. The ideal candidate would have experience overseeing projects and employees, and might even have experience working with website design or marketing services as well.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various digital projects, including site launches, website builds, ongoing client communication, digital campaigns, and task management.
For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us achieve our business goals.
You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills. As an Assistant Digital Project Manager, you should also use your communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams.
Additional experience with any of the following could be beneficial:
- UX / Wireframing
- Content Creation
- Web Design
- QA Testing
You should have a passion to take care of clients and to constantly improve.
You should want to work with a company that works hard to make a positive impact. Ultimately we’re here to help our clients succeed, and we want you to be a part of that.
At a minimum this job will include maintaining, assigning, and monitoring tasks in our project management system, Asana to make sure things are getting done on time and that our employees are always focused on the right stuff at the right times. You’ll interact with clients and make sure we do what is necessary on time to keep them loving us.
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Provide end-to-end project management
- Scope project requirements and budget time
- Develop project plans and monitor progress
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement digital projects
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met
- Develop support documentation including SOPs
- Monitor and report on Google Analytics metrics
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Seek opportunities for improvement and suggest new projects
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience with project management software like Asana
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
- Basic understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Communication and team management skills
- Preferred experience overseeing digital projects in a small business setting
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. The position will be located Traverse City, Michigan. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest & resume to Jonathan Campbell, Digital Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.