9&10 News – IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the Northern Michigan’s News Leader! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: As a Support Technician, you will work with the Information Technology Team, Department Managers, and users to determine the needs of the organization. Evaluate current and develop new systems and procedures to meet the needs of the organization. Support Technicians often work under tight timelines while also making sure the everyday technology operations continue to run.
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Research emerging technologies to evaluate them whether they can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Devise ways to add new functionality to existing computer systems.
- Design and develop new systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software.
- Installation and configuration of new systems and customize them for the organization.
- Conduct testing to ensure that the systems work as expected.
- Run and terminate data transmission lines for network and endpoint expansion.
- Maintain current computers, servers, and network infrastructure.
- Train the system’s end users and write instruction manuals.
- Monitor and respond to trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support for local and remote users.
- Maintain relationships with employees of various departments to ensure open lines of communications exist to facilitate the timely and efficient transfer of policies, procedures, knowledge, etc. exist across the entire organization.
- Education and/or Experience – Associate’s degree from a college or university in the field of Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Communication Skills – To perform this position successfully, you should be able to effectively communicate with users of all knowledge levels in both written and verbal forms of communication.
- Must have valid driver license.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, submit your letter of interest & resume.
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.
Send your resume to – EricSpencer@9and10News.com