9&10 News – Accounts Receivable Manager
Accounts Receivable Manager
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: We’re looking for an individual able to lead the accounting team’s function of billing and accounts receivable to ensure timely and accurate invoices are generated for clients. This position requires someone that is detail oriented, thorough & timely. Tight deadlines and a multitude of financial activities are to be expected.
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Routinely analyze current accounts receivable processes and procedures to ensure the method is the most effective and efficient way of delivering timely and accurate AR results.
- Maintain strong relationships with Media Consultants, Sales Managers, and staff by responding timely to request, adhering to stated policies and procedures, clearly communicating issues/concerns, being reliable and accountable for work product, and collaborating on arriving at the best solutions and/or practices/procedures.
- Champion the organizations use of Wide Orbit by establishing best practices for invoice generation, statement generation, payment portal, payment application, the monitoring of client aging, etc.
- Ensures processes/procedures related to billing, receivables, aging, finance charges, collections, etc. are adhered to.
- Prepare, analyze, adjust, interpret, and distribute various reports representing cash collections, billings, aging, etc. to various users of financial information.
- Oversees the monthly invoice and statement preparation for the organizations clients.
- Work as a team with various Media Consultants, Sales Managers, and Executives to:
- Respond to questions regarding billing, payment applications, aging, collections, etc.
- Collect past due accounts using both telephone and written collection techniques, documenting all customer collection efforts.
- Resolve invoice and/or payment discrepancies between clients and affiliated entities.
- Maintain customer records within various billing software including adding and reviewing new customers to the databases.
- Actively analyze, adjust, interpret, and disseminate aging reports.
- Attend scheduled sales team meetings as necessary to stay abreast of various sales incentives and procedures.
- Sign off on the credit worthiness of potential clients
- Prepare and/or review the daily cash deposits to ensure the accurate application of cash to the client sub ledger and to ensure proper backup documentation to support the deposit exist.
- Support and/or collaborate with other accounting team members on special projects, assignments, goal achievement, team goals and objectives, etc.
- Assist in ensuring an accurate and timely month-end close and year-end close.
- Maintain relationships with employees of various departments to ensure open lines of communications exist to facilitate the timely and efficient transfer of policies, procedures, knowledge, etc. exist across the entire organization.
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university; and 4+ year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as wages and salaries, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – To perform this position successfully, you should have knowledge of Dynamics GP, Wide Orbit, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be located at our Traverse City office. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest, resume, and professional references to Leslie Nowlin, HR Director at email@example.com.
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.