Alpena Firefighters Investigate The Cause Of A House Fire

Alpena Firefighters were called to a house fire in the 200 block of 12th Avenue on Saturday afternoon.

Crews found smoke and fire emitting from a side window.

Crews searched the house and didn’t find anyone inside.

Someone who lives at the house arrived on scene while crews were working to put the fire out.

The cause of the fire is under investigation, but they believe it may be related to an unattended candle.

U.S. fire departments respond to an estimated 7,610 house fires that start from a candle every year.

These fires cause an annual average of 81 deaths, 677 injuries and $278 million dollars in property damage.