Derrick Doesn’t Cook: Instapot Cheesy Taco Pasta
“Slide to the left, slide to the right, criss-cross!” Chief photojournalist, Derrick Larr, is literally dancing over this recipe. It’s an easy one-pot meal perfect for a weeknight feast. Besides the explosion of flavor that comes in every bite, Shannon Larr says it’s also easy to clean up afterward… well.. that is if you don’t live with Derrick.
Instapot Cheesy Taco Pasta from This Not Food Diet
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 lb cavatappi noodles
- 2 cups Heinz chili sauce
- 2 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Set Instant Pot to Saute Less for 7 minutes.
- Add a dab of margarine or butter to the pot.
- Add the ground beef to the pot.
- Crumble the ground beef well as it cooks.
- When the Instant Pot turns off, the ground beef will still be slightly pink.
- Add the water to the pot and gently scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure none of the ground beef is sticking.
- Add the cavatappi noodles to the pot and spread them out evenly.
- Pour in the chili sauce and the salsa.
- Add the taco seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 3 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, immediately turn the steam release handle to the venting position and perform a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir the contents well.
- Add the shredded cheese and chopped green onions to the pot.
- Stir well again.
- Serve and enjoy!