Chief photojournalist, Derrick Larr, and his wife, Shannon, are taking on a fan favorite that combines two comfort foods into a deliciously easy and cheesy sandwich. We see how it all comes together, or if it all falls apart in this week’s Derrick Doesn’t Cook.
to learn more about Xavier’s hatred for mayo…
Grilled Mac ‘n’ Cheese Sandwiches
- boxed macaroni and cheese
- mayo (or butter)
- shredded cheddar cheese, American cheese, and/or mozzarella
- chopped, cooked bacon
- Texas toast
- Cook mac ‘n’ cheese following directions on its box.
- Schmear… mayo onto one side of Texas toast. Just enough to lightly coat it.
- Pre-heat electric skillet.
- After the mac is ready, add cooked bacon to the mixture.
- Place the mayo side of the bread onto the skillet, add cheese, and then about a 1/4 cup of mac.
- Top mac with another slice of cheese and add other slices of bread.
- Flip until each side is it’s golden brown, and the cheese has melted.