It is almost that time of year where it is just too hot to turn on the oven.
But, before then, you HAVE to try this baked lemon chicken recipe! Xavier took over the Heritage House kitchen to try it out. It was an instant hit with ‘the four’ crew!
Xavier’s Baked Lemon Chicken
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts(roughly 2.5 lbs)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Salt, divided
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Lemon, cut into 6 slices, optional
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to create a thick marinadepaste. Coat the chicken breast with seasoning paste.
4. Using the same bowl mix together the white wine, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over chicken breast.
5. If using, nestle the lemon slices between the chicken bake for 15 minutes, baste the chicken with the pan juice, bake for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 F.
Suggested sides from Mama Himes (Associate Producer, Sarah Himes):
To help balance out the acidity of the refreshing lemon flavors in this dish, try keeping it light with a side of stir-fried veggies like carrots, green beans, or zucchini. For those who are in need of more comfort food add-ons, pick up some pre-made mashed potatoes, and top it with cheese, bacon, and a dollop of sour cream. This chicken can also be used as a side to your nutrient-packed salads.