9&10 News – Web Producer/Editor
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the Northern Michigan’s News Leader! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Northern Michigan Digital, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: As a Web Producer/Editor for Northern Michigan’s News Leader, you will be responsible for producing and managing engaging content through videos, interaction elements and social media. A true passion for journalism and storytelling is absolutely required and expected.
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Clothing & Grooming Allowances
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Write compelling, accurate and factual news copy for newscasts using AP style writing
- Populate website and numerous social media platforms with engaging and compelling content.
- Copy editing, strong headline writing, and caption writing for print, digital, and social media platforms
- Edit video using Adobe Premiere software
- Work with producers and field crews to add video to web stories
- Push engaging and breaking news stories on our mobile app
- A degree in journalism or a related field is preferred.
- Must have strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Strong social media skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a positive attitude.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be based out of our Cadillac office. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest, resume, professional references, and writing samples to Leslie Nowlin, HR Director at email@example.com
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer