Mid Michigan College Offers New Short Term Training Opportunities
Mid Michigan College has several new short-term training opportunities.
Short-term training provides people with career-ready skills in the healthcare and skilled trades fields. Those include health care, truck driving, dental assistance, welding and more.
Programs range from three to twelve weeks and by the end trainees will be ready for state certification exams.
Scott Govitz, associate vice president of workforce & economic development at Mid Michigan College, says, “There’s ample opportunity for jobs out there. Employers are desperate for individuals right now, particularly individuals who are trained in the field and ready to hit the ground running.”
Michigan Works! is also offering tuition assistance for the training. Potential trainees should contact their local Michigan Works! to see if they qualify.
Short-Term Training Opportunities and dates:
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A | $4,300
- Starts April 12, May 10, & June 7 in Mt. Pleasant and Big Rapids
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B | $1,600
- Starts April 5, April 26, & May 3 in Freeland
- Phlebotomy | $1,450
- Starts April 5, June 28, & September 20 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts May 17, August 9, & October 25 | Harrison
- Starts June 21 & September 27 | Bad Axe
- Starts June 15 & October 5 | Big Rapids
- Starts June 14 & September 20 | Alpena
- Dental Assistant | $2,300
- Starts June 7 & September 13 | Gladwin
- Direct Support Professional | $850
- Starts April 12 & May 24 | Mt. Pleasant
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) | $1,600
- Starts May 10, July 12, August 30, & October 25 | Mt. Pleasant
- Starts April 27, July 6, & September 20 | Harrison
For more information about upcoming trainings or to register, visit midmich.edu/short-term-training or contact the Technical Education Center at email@example.com or (989) 386-6614.