Xavier Tries Edible Peep Playdough & Peep Multi-Color Rice Krispie Treats
Nothing says Easter treats quite like Peeps!
Xavier wanted to take the treats up a notch with a couple of recipes he found online.
- 5 Peeps
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix Peeps, powdered sugar, coconut oil together in microwave safe bowl
- Microwave for 20 seconds
- Mix together and let sit.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 (3-ounce) packages of Peeps (one yellow, one pink, one blue, and one purple)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Pick the dark spots (eyes and nose) off of the Peeps.
- Place one color of the Peeps in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds.
- If you want your Peeps rice crispy treats to have more vibrant color then add 1-2 drops of matching food coloring.
- Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal into the bowl and stir to coat.
- Repeat this process for the 3 remaining colors of Peeps.
- Pinch off small handfuls of the marshmallow cereal mixture and press them together.
- Place in the well-buttered 8-inch or 9-inch pan.
- Repeat, placing the next bunch of cereal treat mixture next to the first in the pan.
- Continue filling the pan.
- Begin to melt the butter in a medium-large saucepan set over low heat.
- Add the marshmallow Peeps and stir occasionally until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir, smashing the marshmallows, until melted and smooth.
- Use the process listed above to create the multi-color rice crispy bars.