Sandwiches are the superheroes of weeknight meals. They are versatile, delicious, and cheap. If the home-cook overuses its power, however, things can
get real boring, real quick. Our kitchen couple, Derrick and Shannon Larr are here to battle sandwich fatigue with another recipe the whole family will love.
Derrick Doesn’t Cook: Meatball Subs
- 2 lbs. Package of Frozen Italian Meatballs
- 24 oz. Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 6 Pack – Hoagie Buns
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese
- Throw the whole bag of meatballs into a large saucepan. Turn heat to medium. Add in pasta sauce. Let simmer with the lid on until meatballs are soft and warm in the center.
- Turn oven on to 425-degrees. Toast hoagie buns for about 2 – 3 mintues.
- Add meatballs to hoagie buns. Coat with cheese. Place in oven until cheese melts.
- Add a spoon full of sauce over top of the cheese. Serve and enjoy. Food may be super hot, so don’t burn yourself as Derrick did.