Xavier Tries ‘TikTok’ Feta Pasta & Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
There is a recipe that is taking the internet by storm! It’s feta pasta, but came to fame on the app ‘TikTok,’ so it’s more affectionally known as the ‘TikTok’ pasta.
Xavier took to the Heritage House kitchen to give it a try and also make an easy. 15-minute chicken and cauliflower rice recipe.
‘TikTok’ Feta Pasta
- 2 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8-oz.) block feta
- 10 oz. pasta
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large ovenproof skillet or medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, garlic, and most of the olive oil. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and toss to combine.
- Place feta into center of tomato mixture and drizzle top with remaining olive oil. Scatter thyme over tomatoes. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- To skillet with tomatoes and feta, add cooked pasta, and reserved pasta water to skillet and stir until completely combined. Garnish with basil before serving.
ONE SKILLET GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN WITH PARMESAN CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- To make this parmesan chicken recipe: In a shallow plate, combine parmesan cheese, grated garlic, paprika, and Italian seasoning. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper; dredge in the parmesan mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Cook chicken cutlets until golden on each side and cooked through – about 3-4 minutes for each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken cutlets. Transfer to a plate.
The cauliflower rice
- In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Fry the garlic and onion for 1 minute until fragrant — be careful not to burn.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and stir to mix everything together well and coat in melted butter. Cook, stirring regularly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons vegetable stock, about half the parsley, and lemon zest (if using). Cook the cauliflower rice for one minute to reduce juices then add the lemon juice and a few sprinkles of leftover parmesan cheese, if you like.
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Stir in the remaining parsley. Return chicken breasts over cauliflower rice and reheat quickly. Serve your parmesan chicken with fresh cracked black pepper, red chili pepper flakes, and more parmesan. Enjoy!