Doppler 9&10 STEM – Volcanic Pumpkin
Now that we are in October, we can start talking about Halloween!! Today we are going to do an experiment that is both spooky and full-filled for the kids, a volcanic pumpkin.
What you need:
- One or more Pumpkins, the more the merrier
- Pure Baking Soda
- food coloring
- Cups (for stirring vinegar and food coloring)
- Space Outdoors
- Take out the seeds and carve a creative pattern into your pumpkins
- Pour baking soda into your pumpkins
- Fill up the cup with vinegar (half full)
- Mix vinegar with food coloring of choice
- Pour the vinegar/food coloring mix into the pumpkin
- Watch the reaction occur and the oozing begins!
If your kiddos try this experiment, send us photos of you and your experiment and you might get to see it during weather on The Four on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
Make sure you tune in every Tuesday and Thursday for a New 9&10 STEM. Send us an email at weather@9&10news.com or find us on Facebook and at Doppler 9&10 Weather Team if you have a weather question or want something in science explained! It does not have to be weather-related! Anything Science or math-based we’ve got you! You can always get the latest forecast on 9and10news.com/weather as well as interact with us on social media!
Categories: the four