Michigan Health Insurers to Provide COVID-19 Testing, Treatment at No Cost to Patients Through 2020
The state of Michigan says it’s reached a deal with just about every major health insurer to provide COVID-19 testing and treatments at no cost through the end of this year.
The state says they’ve come to an agreement with insurers covering more than 92% of the commercial health insurance market in Michigan.
Residents with those individual and group health plans will not be charged cost-sharing for COVID-19-related medical treatments including primary care visits, diagnostic testing, emergency room visits, ambulance services, and vaccines when they become available.
Insurers who have agreed to waive cost-sharing include:
- Aetna Better Health of Michigan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Blue Care Network
- HAP, Alliance Health
- McLaren Health Plan
- Meridian Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare Michigan
- Paramount Care of Michigan
- Physicians Health Plan (PHP)
- Priority Health, Priority Health Insurance Co.
- Total Health Care