For those who are in need of help and HOPE, contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, or for more information.
“Suicide is a national health epidemic,” and a local community organization is making a ‘call to action’ to help prevent this heartbreaking disease.
September is National Suicide Prevention Month, and all month long is hosting a series of events to spread the word about suicide, how to prevent it – and provide support for those who survived and those who are grieving.
Here’s how you can help spread the message of HOPE and suicide prevention:
- September 1 – 30: A Movement to Inspire Action 2020
- Choose an activity to do in a safe, special place and remember those you have lost, lift up those who are still fighting, and honor those who have found the strength to stay — including yourself. Post your photos and share your stories on their and/or using hashtag #hopelivesinnomi. to register for the event.
- September 10: World Suicide Prevention Day 2020
- A physically distanced yet socially connected event at the Open Space in Traverse City; Starting at 6:30 pm, bring and hold signs with messages of hope and support; stay for the candle-lit moment of silence and remembrance at 8:30 pm. Please bring a candle. Limited to 100 attendees due to COVID-19 regulations. to register for the event.
- September 26: Zechariah’s Stop Suicide Highway of Hope Clean Up
- Help beautify the 2-mile Adopt-a-Highway Zechariah Marsh STOP SUICIDE memorial along M-72 from 8:00 am-11:00 am. Please meet at the Kalkaska Park & Ride to pick up vests and bags. to register for the event.
is required. All of the events are free – but they ask that participants donate to one of their partnering local nonprofits:
HOPE Lives in Northern Michigan is a “LOCAL group that inspires HOPE and action. 100% of all donations are made directly to local nonprofits, and will stay 100% LOCAL”.
to register for the events through FaceBook, or through EventBrite.
For more information about HOPE Lives in Northern Michigan, .
For those who are in need of immediate help and HOPE, contact the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, or for more information.