9&10 News – TV News Reporter
TV News Reporter
At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Northern Michigan Digital, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: As a TV News Reporter for 9&10 News you will need to be a passionate individual that is self-motivated, personable and committed to doing what it takes to be a fantastic TV News Reporter. You will need to be engaging, energetic and have the ability to wear many hats. We want you to tell the stories that our viewers will be talking about over dinner! You need to bring a passion for excellent storytelling, a desire to be creative and an ability to think outside of the box!
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Clothing & Grooming Allowances
- Relocation Allowance
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Report and produce creative, compelling news content for on air, as well as on line
- Be able to multi task on various projects, with numerous deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to enterprise stories that are relevant to Northern Michigan and the region.
- A passion for storytelling
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the field of Journalism or Broadcasting.
- Successful internship at either a commercial TV station or a cable access channel strongly preferred.
- At least 1 years of experience as a reporter or producer at a commercial TV station preferred.
- Non-linear editing experience required.
- Communication Skills – Effectively communicate with people of all knowledge levels in both written and verbal forms.
- Must have valid driver license.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited?
If you have the required experience and skills, send your letter of interest, resume, professional references, and demo reels to Sean Mahon, News Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.