And they’re off! July 19, 2020, kicked off the official start to the virtual summer games for . This is a chance for hundreds of athletes across the state to show off their skills and to see if their training paid off during their six-week health and wellness program.
The virtual games will be running all week long through Saturday, July 25, and you can take part in all of the fun by watching highlights on SOMI’s , , , and .
Throughout the week, participants and fans will also be able to view virtual health, wellness, fitness, and educational activities. This includes:
Monday, July 20
- 6:30 PM – Sign Language Interpreter Courtney gives us a lesson in Sign Language for Beginners
Tuesday, July 21
- 11 AM – Live Virtual Workout with Molly
- 3 PM – Special Events Arts & Crafts
- 6:30 PM – Cardio Drumming with Molly & Sara
Wednesday, July 22
- 6:30 PM – My Chance to Dance
Thursday, July 23
- 11 AM – Mid-week Mentality Check
- 1 PM – Therapy Dogs
- 4 PM – Mott Campus Clowns
- 6:30 PM and 7 PM – Race Track
Friday, July 24
- 7 PM – Virtual Athlete Victory Dance
Saturday, July 25
- 7 PM – Virtual Summer Games Awards presentation
There will also be ‘words of inspiration’ from professional athletes. For a complete list of all of the events, and more information about the Special Olympics Virtual Summer Games, .