Melissa Bakes No-Yeast Bread
It might seem like the first ingredient needed when the baking bread would be yeast, but that’s not always the case. In fact, with certain items on grocery store shelves becoming more limited, people have had to get creative in the kitchen.
That can mean substituting certain ingredients for others and discovering baking and cooking can actually be more versatile than we once thought.
Melissa Smith walks us through a no-yeast recipe for baking bread with minimal ingredients. Plus, the entire baking process can be done in under 45 minutes and you can have freshly baked bread for the whole family.
Here is the recipe Melissa followed for her bread recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sugar or any sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup oats (optional)
- Mix ingredients together
- Form mixture into a preferred loaf shape
- Oil pan or baking container
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees for another 10 minutes
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack before serving