Traverse City Police Department Offers New Method to File Non-Emergency Reports

The Traverse City Police Department is now offering an alternative method for filing non-emergency police reports.

Crimes like lost property, vandalism, burglaries with no suspect information, fraud situations, and many more can be reported online.

When you submit a form online, you will receive an email response from the Traverse City Police Department verifying your submission.

After 24 hours, you will then receive a second email letting you know that an officer has been assigned with a complaint number.

If you are reporting an in-progress or an emergency, please call 911 immediately.

If you are unable to report a non-emergent incident online, call Central Dispatch at 231-922-4550.

“911 should only be used in emergency situations where you need an officer right now,” said Sergeant Matt Richmond with TCPD. “[The portal] eliminates that face to face contact and that potential for transmission. It’s something that can be used at any given time you don’t necessarily need to tie up an officer.”

Again, this is for the Traverse City Police Department and you can report online by clicking here.