Wellness for the Family: Galentine’s Day Charcuterie
Whether you are celebrating galantine’s day or valentine’s day, we have the perfect charcuterie board for you.
Michelle was with a friend of the four, registered dietitian Grace Derocha of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to put them together as a team.
Here is her Homemade Hazelnut Spread recipe:
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 12 oz. of dark chocolate chips or bar, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes or until hazelnuts is slightly browned.
- Wrap the nuts in a clean kitchen towel and rub vigorously to loosen the skin. Remove skin from hazelnuts.
- Put the chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and heat in 15-second bursts stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Allow cooling.
- Use a food processor or blender to blend hazelnuts into a paste.
- Add all other ingredients, except melted chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and blend thoroughly. It will be slightly warm.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.