Michelle Cooks: Garlic Turmeric Crispy Parsnip Fries
We are putting a spin on a signature side dish in this week’s Wellness Wednesday.
Garlic Turmeric Crispy Parsnip Fries
- 3-4 large parsnips
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice parsnips in even slices and toss in a small bowl with avocado oil. Add garlic and turmeric.
- Transfer parsnips to a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and parmesan cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out and carefully flip parsnips with a spatula. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes, until parsnips are evenly browned