Michelle Cooks: Vegan Protein Pancakes
Are you looking for a way to pack more protein into your day? Well, we have the perfect recipe for you!
Michelle Dunaway was back in the Heritage House Kitchen to bring us a protein-packed pancake recipe that will have you meeting your goals before the sun rises.
Vegan Protein Pancakes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup organic brown rice protein powder or vegan protein powder of choice
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup, stevia powder or liquid stevia drops
- 1 cup water + more as needed
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup or sweetener of choice, then slowly add the water, mixing until “just mixed.” It should be a little lumpy and quite thick. Add a little extra water if needed.
- Cook in a hot non-stick pan until bubbles appear in the center of each pancake. Flip and cook for a few more minutes.