Super Bowl Cook Off: Cuban Sliders, Slow Cooker Lemon-Pepper Wings, & Guacamole
Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner and we are getting ready with some of our favorite recipes.
Here are the recipes:
Michelle’s Cuban Sliders
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package Martin’s 12 Sliced Potato Rolls
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 16 ounces deli ham thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced pickles
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- yellow mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take the tops off the rolls and arrange the bottom halves of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Layer 1/2 of the cheese over the bottom of the rolls.
- Add the ham on top of the cheese.
- Place the pickles on top of the top.
- Arrange the rest of the cheese over the pickles. Place the tops of the rolls over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter and garlic powder. Brush the butter mixture over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover the sandwiches with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until sandwiches are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with mustard on the side.
Jamie’s Slow Cooker Lemon-Pepper Wings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Juice of 4 lemons (approx 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of wings.
- Add lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Cook HIGH 2.5-3 hours or low 4-6. You will know the chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit.
Melissa’s Guacamole Recipe
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced onto mash avocado
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cup Diced cherry tomatoes
- Cup chopped fresh garlic
- Pepper (optional)
Have a safe and fun weekend!