Special Olympics Fundraiser Plunging into Northern Michigan
Annual Polar Plunge comes to NoMI
It’s that time of year again to bundle down to your skivvies or craft your costumes and jump aimlessly into freezing cold water in support of athletics! The Special Olympics Michigan Polar Plunge is back! This annual event raises funds for year-round training and competitions of 23,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities, plus it’s tons of fun!
Participants have a goal to raise a minimum of $75 each to be able to make the jump in any of the 30 Polar Plunge locations. Find a group, team or organization to get in on it…or have a party of one! Everyone’s welcome. There are plenty of opportunities for you to get involved with six Polar Plunge locations just in Northern Michigan. Check out the list and dates below:
- Traverse City at Kilkenny’s Pub (Saturday, February 8)
- Lake City at Town Pump Saloon (Saturday, February 15)
- Mt. Pleasant at Wayside Central (Saturday, February 15)
- Big Rapids at Elks Club (Saturday, February 29)
- Manistee at Little River Casino Resort (Saturday, March 14)
- Twin Saults at Moloney’s Alley (Saturday, March 14)
For more information and how to get registered, click here.